An Affiliate of the National United Church Ushers Association of America, Inc
Dr. Linda Pates, Director
Eddie Brown, Chairman Council of President
Destinee Merida, Young Adult Director
Douglass Merida, Junior and Young People Director
Theme: "Ushers Committed to Doing the Will of God." And be not conformed to this world: but ye be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)
Greetings Southern Region Ushers,
Thank God and You for the opportunity to serve as the Director of the Southern Region and Second Vice President for 2018-2019. With God's guidance, prayers, support, dedication, and commitment, I have worked and will continue to work diligently to fulfill my tasks and responsibilities. I get tired along the way, but I remember these words: I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me." Thanks to those of you who attended the National Convention in Bloomington, Minnesota. Your support and participation at the convention assisted in the success of the convention.
Congratulations and Thank God for His blessings to the Southern Region Elected and Appointed Officers and the National Elected and Appointed Officers from the Southern Region.
Our elected and appointed officers in the southern region and national levels have can complete the tasks bestowed upon them. Let's support each of them in their activities. Remember, God gives Unity to draw us together in one body.
The goals for 2018 - 201 are:
♦ Plan for the 60thSouthern Region Conference that will be held in Dallas, Texas on April 25- 27, 2019. In 1960 the first Southern Region Conference met in Dall, TX with three members:
R.E. Harshaw, Leo Terry, and Idell Rowden.
♦ To continue to assist the Southern Region States in recruiting new churches and members
- To teach School of Ushering classes in the upcoming months.
- To attend state activities/events. Congratulations to all the Southern Region States that have been on the Battlefield for the Lord via Usher Ministry. As celebrations take place, accolades to the State of Georgia for 40 years of existence to the Ushers Ministry in the region and national organization.
- To plan for Outreach projects in the Southern Region.
- To attend the Central, Eastern, and Western Regional Conferences and activities/events.
- To attend the 2019 National Convention that will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on July 28-August 3, 2019 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of our founding. We are to be honored and thankful to the many who have made the work possible over the past 100 years.
- To plan the 2020 National Convention that will be held in the Southern Region in Orlando, Florida on July 26-31, 2020.
Let's continue to work together to "Build a Great Usher Team!" The usher's role is so significant but often unappreciated, undertrained, and less than equipped. Ushers are a great strength in setting the tone for worship and helping to prepare the people to hear an answer to "God's Word."
My prayer is that you join me in the endeavor to continue to make the Southern Region, "Second to None."
You may contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (601) 415-1571 (C) or you may write to me at 1012 Coleman Lane, Utica, MS 39175.
Remember, the Motto of all Ushers Board should be "If every Usher was Just Like Me. What Would This Usher Board B?"
Thank you for your Support!
Dr. Linda Pates
Second National Vice President and Southern Region Director