An Affiliate of the National United Church Ushers Association of America, Inc
Dr. Linda Pates, Director
Eddie Brown, Chairman Council of President
Destinee Merida, Young Adult Director
Douglass Merida, Junior and Young People Director
Theme: "Ushers Committed to Doing the Will of God." And be not conformed to this world: but ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)
Greetings Southern Region Ushers,
THEME:" Ushers Committed to Doing The Will Of God." And not to conform to this world:but ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good,
and acceptable, and perfect will of God,(Roman 12:2).
Thank God and You for the opportunity to serve as Director of the Southern Region and Second Vice President for 2019-2020. With God's guidance, prayers, support, dedication, and commitment. I have worked and will continue to work diligently to fulfill my tasks and responsibilities. I get tired along the way, but I remember these words"I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me"
Thanks to those of you who attended the Centennial Celebration.
Congratulations and Thank God for His Blessings to the Southern Region Elected and Appointed Officers and and the National Elected Officers .from the Southern Region.Our elected and appointed officers in the Southern Region and National Levels can complete the tasks bestowed upon them. Let's support each of them in their activities.
Remember, God gives Unity to draw us together in one body,
The Goals for 2019-2020 are:
- Plan for the 61st Southern Region Conference that will be held in Columbia, SC on April 23-26, 2020.
- To attend State Activities/Events.
- To continue to assist the Southern Region States in recruiting Southern Region New Churches and Members.
- To teach School of Ushering Classes in the up coming months.
- To plan for Outreach Projects in the Southern Region.
- To encourage our States to work with the Willie J. Minnifield Training and Development Department in setting up various classes.
- To plan the regional events for 2020 101st National Convention that will be held in Orlando, Florida on July 26-31, 2020.
- Also, I plan to attend the Convention.
- To continue to use Technology whenever possible.
Congratulations to all the Southern Region States that have been on the Battlefield for the Lord via the Usher Ministry. As Celebrations take place, accolades to the State of Mississippi for 60th years of membership and the State of Georgia fo 40 years of membership in the Region and the National Organization.
Let's continue to work together to "Build a Great Team!" The Usher"s role is so significant but often unappreciated, undertrained, and less equipped. Ushers are a great strength in setting the tone for worship, and helping to prepare the people to hear and answer to God's Word.
Remember, the Motto of all Usher Boards should be ," If Every Usher Was Just Like Me, What Would This Ushers Board be.?"
May the Lord Continue to Bless and Keep you.
Dr Linda Pates
Second National Vice President and Southern Region Director